Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Vlan

Abdulahad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am currently working on a migration project in which I am migrating from a Cisco SG-300 managed PoE switch to a Cisco Catalyst 9200. I am confused about one command below:

markdown
voice vlan id 100 voice vlan oui-table add 0001e3 Siemens_AG_phone________ voice vlan oui-table add 00036b Cisco_phone_____________ voice vlan oui-table add 00096e Avaya___________________ voice vlan oui-table add 000fe2 H3C_Aolynk______________ voice vlan oui-table add 0060b9 Philips_and_NEC_AG_phone voice vlan oui-table add 00d01e Pingtel_phone___________ voice vlan oui-table add 00e075 Polycom/Veritel_phone___ voice vlan oui-table add 00e0bb 3Com_phone______________

As this feature is not available in the new switches, does configuring the voice VLAN using the specific commands listed above on the new Cisco switch make a difference, or is it sufficient to configure it using the "interface voice vlan xx" command?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Just creating the voice vlan and adding it to the proper interface should be fine

vlan xx
name voice vlan

switchport voice vlan xx

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Just creating the voice vlan and adding it to the proper interface should be fine

vlan xx
name voice vlan

switchport voice vlan xx

HTH

Hello,

I have been looking around, and I am pretty sure that the (CBS/SMB) line of Cisco switches is the result of an acquisition, I just cannot find the name of the original manufacturer. The entire OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifiers, which is basically the last 6 digits of the MAC address of the telephony device manufacturer) can be used on these devices to identify packets as being voice traffic. I really have never seen this feature on any device that runs native IOS. But as Reza says, the Voice Vlan will work just fine.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My guess those commands dynamically assign a VoIP phone to a voice VLAN based on host's MAC.

If so, I suspect 9200 doesn't have equivalent feature.

The interface voice vlan feature is for ports having both a data host and VoIP phone, the latter using tagged frames.

Without knowing your SG setup, unable to say how to do same on a Catalyst.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card