Views
Helpful
Replies

vPC between N7K and SI4093

Syed Farhan Ali
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Team,

Our customer has purchased IBM Pure Flex Chassis along with Flex System Fabric SI4093 System Interconnect Module (Part Number: 00FM518). On its external 10 GbE ports they have inserted Lenovo 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver (Part Number: 46C3447) and Lenovo 1000BASE-SX SFP Transceiver (Part Number: 81Y1622).

The customer has a Nexus 7000 Core Switch and they need to create vPC between Cisco 7K and Lenovo SI4093 Switch (on the above mentioned transceivers). We need to know if this could be achieved. If yes, what will be the procedure to do it? Do we need extra components or license to achieve this solution?

Regards,

Farhan.

4 Replies 4

ahmedshoaib
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Farhan;

You can not create vPC port-channel if both port have different speed type (1G/10G). 

If you want to create vPC port-channel either both port should be 10G or 1G.

Thanks & Best regards;

Dear Shoaib,

Thanks for your response. You are absolutely right. I'll rephrase my queries.

1) Can I create a vPC between Cisco N7K and Lenovo SI4093 on 2x10G SFP SR Fiber Links (Both the sides will have 10G Ports for connectivity)?

2) Can I create a vPC between Cisco N7K and Lenovo SI4093 on 2x1G SFP SX Fiber Links (Both the sides will have 1G Ports for connectivity)?

Regards,

Farhan.

Hi Farhan;

Yes, you can create the vPC port-channel on Nexus side and on other side Lenovo port-channel either on 1/10G port.

Thanks & Best regards;

Hi Shoaib,

Thanks. Could you please share a documented link for the same.

We need to configure both ends (Cisco Nexus 7K  and Lenovo SI4093).

Regards,

Farhan. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card