Helpful
Replies

VPC & FEX traffic

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

i have 2 question for Nexus

Is there are bugs with all Nexus OS becz whenever i try to configure vpc the keepalive and peerlink doesn't come up i have to do default interface many times and if it is in a mood then only it will come up. so anybody can give me a hint why that so or there is a order of configuration.

i have 2 no's of FEX (2232)  connected cross to 2 no's of N7K, i have one server with active/standby link connected to two FEX and my PC.

lets say for example fex 121,122. when server active link is connected to FEX 121 and standby link connected to FEX 122 there are ping drops seen,  when i disconnect the standby link i dont see any ping drops.

when my PC is connected to fex 122 i get drops ( single connection to FEX)

when my PC is connected to FEX 121 i dont get any drops

this means that FEX 122 is creating problems how i can troubleshoot  why FEX 122 is dropping packets.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Not sure if dual homing a fex to 2 different 7ks are fully supported. According to this document, it should when using version 7.2 or later but it is not very clear.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/7_x/nx-os/release/notes/72_nx-os_release_note.html

If your servers will have dual links to 2 different FExs, you can connect each FEX to only one of the 7ks.

HTH

Dear Reza,

You are absolutely correct, my version is 7.2 and above and below is the link which states that server can be dual home in active/standby link when connected on two different fex.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-2000-series-fabric-extenders/200363-Nexus-2000-Fabric-Extenders-Supported-Un.html

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card