Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF Aware System Message Logging

gsancassano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In a 6509E with IOS IPservicesK9 12.2(33)SXH2a, 2 VRF instances both with several associated interfaces in each VRF and VRF aware logging enabled. Which will be the source interface for logging on each VRF?

Looking through http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sr/12_2sra/feature/guide/srvrfslg.html#wp1065872 I couldn´t find a way to set it explicitly, so I was wondering which one is picked.

Thanks in advance.

GS.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Aneja
Level 3
Level 3

GS,

The source interface would be the interface closest to the Syslog host destination. Moreover, there is an enhancement request filed for this, CSCsu22476. This is fixed in the IOS 12.2(33)SXJ for 6500 switches. This feature is also getting fixed in some 15.2 releases. Take a look at fixed releases in the bug details.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi GS,

You can not assign source to a vrf aware system logging.  It will use the interface you have added to that vrf as a source.

HTH

Reza

Hi Reza,

I understand that I can´t assign source interface, but I have in both VRFs about 10 associated interfaces, so which one of the 10 interfaces will be the source interface?

Thanks.

GS.

Probably the first one that shows up in the vrf table.

Amit Aneja
Level 3
Level 3

GS,

The source interface would be the interface closest to the Syslog host destination. Moreover, there is an enhancement request filed for this, CSCsu22476. This is fixed in the IOS 12.2(33)SXJ for 6500 switches. This feature is also getting fixed in some 15.2 releases. Take a look at fixed releases in the bug details.

Regards,

Amit

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card