Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF-lite on Cat3750

Hi,

I'm tring to configure a Cat3750 Stack in 12.2(53)SE with 2 vrf but the usual ip vrf vrf-name command does not exist.

Has it been moved or removed ?

Thanks

Stéph

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Stephane,

>> To use multi-VRF CE, you must have the IP  services  image installed on your switch.

you have ip base so it is not supported. cisco has probably changed the mapping of features to feature set over time from 12.2(35) to 12.2(53)

Sorry to give you this bad news.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Stephane,

you need the appropriate IOS image and the appropriate SDM template

see

To use multi-VRF CE, you must have the IP services  image installed on your switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_52_se/configuration/guide/swiprout.html#wp1319320

and for SDM template configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_52_se/configuration/guide/swsdm.html#wp1198298

if you need to change the SDM template you need to reload the box for the change to take effect.

See the notes about stacks

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for your answer,

But I still can't understand what's happening.

I have 1 opperationnal c3750 stack running in 12.2(35)SE5 ipbasek9, sdm template desktop default with 2 VRFs configured :

switch1(config)#ip vrf ?
  WORD  VPN Routing/Forwarding instance name

And now I want to do the same with a new stack running in 12.2(53)SE ipbasek9 with the same sdm template :

switch2(config)#ip vrf ?
% Unrecognized command

Any idea ?

Hello Stephane,

>> To use multi-VRF CE, you must have the IP  services  image installed on your switch.

you have ip base so it is not supported. cisco has probably changed the mapping of features to feature set over time from 12.2(35) to 12.2(53)

Sorry to give you this bad news.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

The answer is already inside the IOS 12.2(35) :

switch1(config)#ip vrf test

% VRF-Lite is not supported in the IP Base feature set and will be removed in future releases, please refer to www.cisco.com for the feature sets that support this feature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco