Views
Helpful
Replies

VSS convertion mode

oguarisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hello to all,

I've to install a VSS formed by 2x cat4500X...well, the problem is that in phase 1 there will be only one Cat4500X and I was wondering if it's possible to convert the first 4500X to be virtual node 1 as part of the VSS and later adding the second 4500X to be virtual node 2 to form the VSS???

If it's possible, Can I do it without interruption in a OIR fashion ???

Many thanks for the suggestion

Omar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Omar,

I appriciate your idea and thought on this , Yes really this will be a great idea to implement on.

Let me pass down to the respective team to have a look at the above query and see if this can be implemented.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Inayath

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Omar,

The answer to your question is NO.

Please go through the below link which clearly explained on the VSS on 4500:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29472

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate all usefull post and close the thread if this has solved your query.

Hi Inayath,

Thanks for the info...

Basically the easiest way to reduce the downtime, instead of creating a VSS with the second switch in a productive environment, is to create a VSS from scratch with two brand new Cat4500X and substitute the stand-alone switch in production...

It would have been nice to have a feature in IOS XE where you can pre-provision the second node and implementing the single one not in stand-alone mode but already in virtual mode...will be in the next IOS XE Release???

Saluti

Omar

Hi Omar,

I appriciate your idea and thought on this , Yes really this will be a great idea to implement on.

Let me pass down to the respective team to have a look at the above query and see if this can be implemented.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Inayath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card