cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSS - Switch 2 in VSS to be moved to another location

Wale79
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4500 VSS running. Port channel on both VSS switches to other floor switches.

Now, I have to move the standby switch which in my case is Switch 2 to a different location (uplinks exist between current location and new location for VSS links). 

If the power down the 2nd Switch will there be any problem? I don't think so but I like to double check with the community.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

No you should be okay ,However you will obviously lose half of your connections on any mecs you have configured.

FYI:- Once you've powered it down and relocated it, Its viable it could take as long 10 minutes to restore full vss resiliency.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello

No you should be okay ,However you will obviously lose half of your connections on any mecs you have configured.

FYI:- Once you've powered it down and relocated it, Its viable it could take as long 10 minutes to restore full vss resiliency.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thank you very much. Will do that sometimes this week.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card