cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC3 - 4MFT-T1/E1

ashleyreed4218
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configure a Cisco 2911. I need to give an interface in this module (VWIC3 - 4MFT-T1/E1) an IP address. My question is, does anyone know how to assign an IP to an interface in this module.

My purpose is to get connectivity via T1 line to another router.

Ashley

16 Replies 16

Hi Rick,

I was finally able to ping. You were correct. The issue was that I was using HDLC on my 2911 and my 6610, but I had to be using CHDLC (Cisco HDLC) on my 6610, since it is not a ciso device. The second part of the issue was that I had the speeds set to mismatch. For example, I had configured the controller group timesots 1-24 speed to 64k on my 2911, and the 6610 by default was set to 56k.

I went back in and made those changes, and bazinga I was able to ping and my serial interface protocol remained up. (Unlike before when it kept changing up/down/up/down).

Thank you for your help!

Warm Regards,

Ashley

Ashley

I am glad that you got it worked out and that my suggestions were helpful in this. Thank you for posting to the thread, telling us that it is now working and telling us what you had to do to get it to work. Perhaps there is something in this that will help some other reader of the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card