Views
Helpful
Replies

want to dd a New switch in stack

Faisal Shabbir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

i want to remove an access layer 3750 48 POE master switch and replace with a  new 3750 switch in the stack. i want to copy the same configuration to new switch since the old switch is having POE issue and I got replacement of the malfunctioned switch. we have VTP domain is configured in the network...

so please guide me step by step to replace new switch Thanks

Regards,

Faisal

3 Replies 3

Take the new Switch and copy the same IOS on it as it is on your stack configuration. Then clear all your config (wr erase and delete vlan.dat)

After this simply disconnect the old master switch and install the new one. It ain't that important which swich is elected the master. the config will remain anyway.

why do i need to erase vlan.dat switch is brand new shiped from cisco also why do i need copy IOS??? both old and new switch have same IOS and model number

also there are only two switches is the stack and master has only Trunk link to Distribution layer switch there is no redundancy from access to distribution layer swithes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco