Level 1

Dear all,

I was trying to move from snmpv2 to snmpv3

forexample I have an access-list defined for rw

and the snmp defined as below for snmpv2

snmp-server host  xx.xx.xx.xx  v2c **************

snmp-server community ********************* rw acl-aclname

For better security I want to move to snmpv3

what part of the config will be different between v2 and v3  can anyane give me a sample config/document?

Also from cisco.com  I found a document that didn't list 2300 and 2800 models from the compatiablity list, does this imply I can't use snmpv3 for these models?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0t/12_0t3/feature/guide/Snmp3.html

Thanks!

Abe

1 Reply 1

abeyimame09
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys just to give more backgound of what I have tried I used rando manes, usrname and groupname her to show

snmp-server engineid remote 192.168.0.1 00000063000100a1ac151003 //where this hexadecmal engineid come/is this random value?

snmp-server group authegroup v3 auth

snmp-server user  userName authgroup remote 192.168.0.1 v3 auth md5 **************

snmp-server user  userName authgroup remote 192.168.0.1 v3 auth md5 **************

snmp-server user  userName authgroup remote 192.168.0.1 v3 auth md5 *************

snmp-server user userName authgroup v3 auth md5 ****************

snmp-server community ******** RO acl_name/#

snmp-server community ********* RW acl-Name/#

snmp-server host 192.168.0.1 v3 **************   //while testing on 2350 this comand returned invalid import detected,

what comand should I use instead ?

is there a missing config or uncessary config portion?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card