Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

WCCP and ACLs

I am looking to implement WCCPv2 on my 3560 switch.  I do have a web-cache application engine that does support WCCPv2.  However, here's my problem.  I do NOT want all HTTP traffic (i.e TCP port 80) going to my web-cache engine. Here is an example:

1. Client sends an HTTP request to an Origin Server
  2. Using WCCPv2, the Cisco 3560 will intercept this and forward this HTTP request to my Primary Web-Cache engine
  3. However, there will be times where my Primary Web-Cache engine will instead send an HTTP 302 Redirect back to the Client.
  4. The Client will then need to follow the HTTP 302 Redirect to a Secondary Web-Cache which is NOT running WCCP.  It is these packets that I DONT want WCCP to intercept.

So as you can see, I don't want ALL HTTP traffic forwarded to my Primary Web-Cache engine.  I just want the client to follow the HTTP Redirect using the normal route table when it sends to my Secondary Web-Cache.  Now, I understand that I can use ACLs with my WCCP configuration.  In other words, I can tie a set of access-list rules to my WCCP to only redirect traffic destined to my Origin Servers.  However, this doesn't really scale since there can be NUMEROUS origin servers which I am caching.  Instead, my Secondary Web-Caches are infinitesimally fewer in number.  What would be ideal is if I could create an ACL that says, "if TCP 80 traffic destined to my Secondary Web-Cache is received on my client's routed interface, forward normally.  Else all other TCP 80 traffic be sent to my Primary Web-Cache engine via WCCP."

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your help.

Everyone's tags (2)
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad