Views
Helpful
Replies

Web console is not opening in 3750 Switch

naveen_yummy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

currently two 3750 Switches are in stack mode. Not able to take the Web GUI of that core switch...

I Enabled the "ip http server" commands. I attached screenshot while opening that core switch in GUI

Regards

Naveen

9 Replies 9

luckymike33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Naveen,

To troubleshoot this try the following:

1. ping the device ip address

2. Next try telnetting to the ip address of the device at port 80, i.e. telnet x.x.x.x 80

HTH

Best wishes

Mike

Hi Mike,

I can able to open the webpage... but its look like different.. not a normal Webgui...

find the attach file for your reference.. Not able to open or configure cluster management suite..

Hello

Please show the output of "show flash:"

I think you are after the one which requires the image .tar and all extracted - if it only has .bin image then this is the maximum options you will get.

hth.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hi Bilal,

There is no .tar file in the core switch.. from where i can able to download the tar file

Naveen

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Naveen, please post the output of show ver, just to confirm image you are using for boot up. When you extract the tar file it will extract to a directory format. It seems you already have a directory but for an old image. We may have to delete this depending on the file being used for startup.

Edit: While you have a chance also you should upgrade your version of firmware.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hi Bilal,

Find the Version of IOS

What will be the minimum IOS version required?

Hello Naveen, I'm specifically looking for the model of your 3750. Then I can give you step by step instruction. You can get this from show ver or show switch.

hi ,

Its Model is  WS-C3750G-24TS-E

Advised, do this out of hours please.

The IOS file you need is this one: c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar

You can download this from Cisco.com <http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=278169733&softwareid=280805680&release=12.2.55-SE9&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest>

Once you have downloaded this, ensure you have a working tftp server that can tftp to the switch vice versa. Then on the switch delete the following directories which are not being used like this:

delete /force /rec flash1:c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1c

delete /force /rec flash2:c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1c

Note: We will have to delete the IOS .bin file in use as there is not enough space on flash for both tar file and current IOS - so ensure you have a backup of this IOS image for rollback.

copy flash1:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-37.SE.bin tftp:

This is to backup your image in case you need to roll back.

delete flash1:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-37.SE.bin

delete flash2:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-37.SE.bin

Once you have done this, you are all set to upload the tar file to one of the switches in the stack.

3750-stack#copy tftp: flash:
Address or name of remote host []? 10.10.10.10
Source filename []? c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar
Destination filename [c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar ]?
Accessing tftp://10.10.10.10/c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar...
Loading c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar from 10.10.10.10 (via Vlan10
): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3750-stack#archive tar /xtract c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar flash1:

This will extract files to switch 1 in the stack. Then do the same for switch 2.

3750-stack#archive tar /xtract c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar flash2:

Once these have been extracted in to the directory you will need to change the boot variable.

Look for this and take the command out in the running-config. It should look something like this: boot system switch all flash:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-37.SE.bin

Then check the contents of your flash

dir flash:c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9

in the output you should see a .bin file which is the image, if so then your new command will be

boot system switch all flash:c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9/c3750-ipserviceslmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.bin

If the file is not there please check other directories within the folder. Ensure that there is no other boot command other than this one.

Once this is complete do copy run start, then reload.

It should boot to new IOS and then make sure everything is OK with normal checks, show ver, show log etc... maybe few pings.

Then test the browser and browse to the switch-stack. Should be different.

If any doubts then please ask... If you are comfortable with instruction then go ahead for out of ours outage, if not then do not risk and post your concerns.

hth.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card