cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webui question

Bobby P
Level 1
Level 1

Working on configuring new C9300 switches.  In the getting started guide for configuration it indicates I can plug PC into any unmanaged network port on the switch and use the WEBUI site at 192.168.1.1 to configure the switch.  The PC must be configured for DHCP and it should get an IP from the switch.  

This is not working and looking to see if there is a service to start on the switch.  

I can connect to the switch console port and access the cli.  Limited CLI experience and would prefer the GUI to configure the switch.

40 Replies 40

I did not save the config before the erase. Cisco support pulled down a config that was reloaded to the switch

Hi Bobby, thanks for the info but what do you mean Cisco pulled down a config?  Also, which port did you plug into and did it auto assign you an ip or did you have to manually put one on your nic card?  Thanks.

I ended up opening a ticket with TAC and they helped restore the switch to the factor settings.  In the process they download a new config file used it to reset the switch.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Can you share an information on what TAC did and the new configuration file they provided?

Thx

Bryan

Hi,

I am having the same issue.. UN: cisco, and webui do not work... what were the steps TAC gave to fix this? 

HI Bobby,

im facing the smae issue on my new 9200 the docx says that username is cisco and the default password si the SN. But, does not work on me. anyone who solve this issue?

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

It should be the S/N of the device, did you get the S/N from a sticker on the switch?

Did you try both upper case and lower case version of the letters? I am guessing it is case-sensitive. 

Optionally you could boot it up again and log in via CLI and issue the show inventory command to confirm the S/N is correct, then just run the write erase again and reboot. 

Serial number is correct but it turns out the user name is no longer webui but cisco.  Cisco TAC found the information not update for version 16.8.1

Hello

thanks for that  - A nice little bit of information to keep retain 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

sSiDs
Level 1
Level 1

i had same issue with 9300

it gives me ssl error or mismatch.

do the followinf

#cry key rsa zeroize

#no ip http secure-server

#ip http secure-server

2-seconds timeout on cli.... it re-genetared keys..

and you are in!

it solved my problem.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card