Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

weird ssh issue

I have ssh configured on my switch I have created the rsa keys, ip ssh v 2, ip ssh authenticate-retries 3, Ip ssh time-outs 60.

line vty 0 15

login local

transport output all

transport input all

the issue I am having is when I try to ssh into it from another switch that is directly connected to the switch I'm trying to ssh into, I don't get an error message or even a timed out message nothing happens at all, has anyone ran into the issue I'm sure I am missing something or did something wrong on the config

3 Replies 3

Hello,

post the full config of the switch as well as the output of 'show ip ssh'...

Are you using TELNET to connect ? Assuming you have IP connectivity, below is a sample config:

hostname yourswitch --> make sure that is different from the default name
ip domain-name yourdomain.com
!
username admin privilege 15 password 0 cisco
!
crypto key generate rsa modulus 1024 or 2048 --> hidden obviously
!

ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1

!

interface vlan 1
ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0

!

line vty 0 4
transport input ssh
login local

I am using telnet to connect, I have an update on the situation, basically there are three switches in a triangle topolpgy if that makes since there is no connection between the bottom two switches they both connect to the top one and that's it, I cant ssh into the bottom left switch from the top switch but I can ssh into the bottom right switch from the top one, however I can ssh from the bottm right switch into the bottom left switch and  they do need to travel through the top switch to communicate there was an acl but I took it off for troubleshooting purposes

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card