Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What happens when a c9300 goes from EVAL MODE to EVAL MODE Expired

I currently only need network essentials   I am using IOS Fuji 16.9.3 on C9300 switches in my home.

Thx

Bryan

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bryan,

When the EVAL expires, nothing will happen unless you reboot. If you reboot, the license will not be activated.

Restrictions for Configuring RTU Licenses

The following are the restrictions for configuring and using RTU licenses.

HTH

IOS Fuji versions after 16.9.1 do not support RTU.  I am asking about  16.9.3.

Thx

Bryan

That is just a command that has been deprecated it.  I don't think that changes how the license function.

Starting from Cisco IOS XE Fuji 16.9.1, the Right-To-Use (RTU) licensing mode is deprecated, and the associated license right-to-usecommand is no longer available on the CLI.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-11/release_notes/ol-16-11-9300.html

HTH

Hello..

I have bought 2 C9300 with an essential license not connected to a smart account yet, I changed the boot level to advantage to configuring the VRF so what is happen after 90day ??? and It is mandatory to connect the device to a smart account to enable the license ???

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card