Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

What is Best practice to configure Switch port for End User where PC and IP Phone is connected ?

Hi,

can any one suggest What is Best practice to configure Switch port for End User where PC and IP Phone is connected ?

actually i configure switch port connected to my pc i use speed 1000 and duplex full. my network disconnected and not coming up.is it normal ?

Kindly assist.

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Re: What is Best practice to configure Switch port for End User where PC and IP Phone is connected ?

@Akbar ali Sultan wrote:

actually i configure switch port connected to my pc i use speed 1000 and duplex full

That is old school.  Nobody does this any more.  

@Akbar ali Sultan wrote:

my network disconnected and not coming up

What troubleshooting have been done?

VIP Mentor

Re: What is Best practice to configure Switch port for End User where PC and IP Phone is connected ?

Hello,

auto negotiaton is usually recommended. If you hard code speed and duplex, especially on Gigabit links, you can have problems with the master/slave negotiation and subsequent physical layer clocking.

Check out the article below, it explains very well why auto negotiation is preferred...

https://etherealmind.com/ethernet-autonegotiation-works-why-how-standard-should-be-set/

VIP Mentor

Hello

suggest you change the access port back to autonegotiate for speed and duplex and also enable spanning-tree portfast - test again 

kind regards
Paul

Please rate and mark posts accordingly if you have found any of the information provided useful.
It will hopefully assist others with similar issues in the future
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad