cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is Best practice to configure Switch port for End User where PC and IP Phone is connected ?

Hi,

can any one suggest What is Best practice to configure Switch port for End User where PC and IP Phone is connected ?

actually i configure switch port connected to my pc i use speed 1000 and duplex full. my network disconnected and not coming up.is it normal ?

Kindly assist.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Akbar ali Sultan wrote:

actually i configure switch port connected to my pc i use speed 1000 and duplex full

That is old school.  Nobody does this any more.  

@Akbar ali Sultan wrote:

my network disconnected and not coming up

What troubleshooting have been done?

Hello,

auto negotiaton is usually recommended. If you hard code speed and duplex, especially on Gigabit links, you can have problems with the master/slave negotiation and subsequent physical layer clocking.

Check out the article below, it explains very well why auto negotiation is preferred...

https://etherealmind.com/ethernet-autonegotiation-works-why-how-standard-should-be-set/

Hello

suggest you change the access port back to autonegotiate for speed and duplex and also enable spanning-tree portfast - test again 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card