cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the meaning of "End of SW Maintenance Releases Date: HW" to 3750-X ?

dennis_chiho
Level 1
Level 1

According to EOS/EOL announcement http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3560-x-series-switches/eos-eol-notice-c51-736139.html , the "End of SW Maintenance Releases Date: HW" date is 30 Oct 2017. 

Currently, I'm using Cisco IOS 12.2(58)SE and there is no EOS/EOL announcement for this IOS version so far.

I would like to know, is it after 30 Oct 2017, there will be no any IOS maintenance release or bug fixes for 3750-X even the IOS 12.2(58)SE we are using still not reaching any EOS/EOL?

I'm a bit confused with the  "End of SW Maintenance Releases Date: HW" for a hardware switches and the life cycle of the IOS version itself?

4 Replies 4

ahmedshoaib
Level 4
Level 4

Hi;

30th Oct 2017 is the last date that Cisco Engineering may release any final software maintenance releases or bug fixes. After 30th Oct 2017, Cisco Engineering will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test the 3560-X/3750-X switches software.

Last date of Hardware is 31st Oct 2021.

As per latest release of Cisco 3750-X switch software IOS is "c3750e-universalk9-mz.152-4.E2.bin".

While Cisco recommended IOS is "c3750e-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE10.bin".

Now it's your call whether you stick the same IOS which you are currently using or go for upgrade. Whenever you face any issue and open ticket with Cisco they will ask you upgrade the Cisco recommend IOS.

Thanks & Best regards;

Dear 

I'm just confused, if I upgraded to "c3750e-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE10.bin". After 30th Oct 217, will there be any software maintenance releases or bug fixes for the IOS on 3750-X ?

I just wonder the software maintenance support is depends on the IOS version we using or just the hardware type itself.

Also, the SW maintenace is refer to the IOS software or other software such as (ROM MON) or both?

Regrads,

Dennis Lo

Hi Dennis;

No, after 30th Oct 2017 Cisco will not release any IOS for Cisco 3750-x switch as per Cisco announcement.

As per today IOS 150-2.SE10 is the recommended, may be tomorrow Cisco release any other recommend release but not after 30th Oct 2017.

Thank & Best regards;

Hi Dennise,

Just add to Ahmed's answer,

I just wonder the software maintenance support is depends on the IOS version we using or just the hardware type itself.

IOS is also platform dependant means you'd have different binary images for different hardware

Please see here for some additional information about EOS policy 

Cheers,

Prabath

**Please rate all the useful answers appropriately**

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card