cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the fastest way to upgrade 22 switches ?

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all, 

I am working on bringing up a new site with 20+ C9200 switches. I've been upgrading one switch at a time and it's taking forever. I would like to get them all upgraded to the latest Cisco recommended release before putting them into production. 

Has anyone used the "software auto-upgrade" feature ? is this a reliable feature ? what's the fastest way to upgrade these switches ? 

These switches will be set up in multiple stacks and the biggest stack is 5 switches. 

Thanks all in advance !!!

Danny

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upgrade only the stack master in Install Mode. 

Make sure the stack master has the following configuration:  software auto-upgrade enable

Remember, both "software auto-upgrade enable" and "install autoupgrade" works when the stack master is on Install Mode.  

By the way, "20+" switches is nothing.  

Hello Leo and thanks for help me out !!! 

I believe Cisco recommends running these switches in Install Mode. I will try the "software auto-upgrade enable" command. 

Have you had any issues using "software auto-upgrade enable" ? 

I have tried using "software auto-upgrade enable" with the C3650 switches in the past and had issues. 

Thanks !!!

Danny

@dtran wrote:
Have you had any issues using "software auto-upgrade enable" ? 

This line is part of our standard template.  All our 9300 switches have this command in the config. 

@dtran wrote:
I have tried using "software auto-upgrade enable" with the C3650 switches in the past and had issues. 

I would not use this command on any 3650/3850 running 16.X.X.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card