cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which ios will support IPv6 feature in WS-C3560G-48TS switch?

Jermy Franklin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I am having WS-C3560G-48TS switch with ios(c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-58.E2.bin) and I am trying to use IPv6 feature in this switch model. More over I've upgraded this switch with many ios but none of them not supporting IPv6 feature. Could somebody please suggest me an ios which supports IPv6 feature?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

In order to do IPv6, you need to order IP Services license.  IP Base will not work.

IP Services: Includes IP Base and enables  advanced IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 routing such as EIGRP, Open Shortest Path  First (OSPF), WCCP, VRF-lite, PBR, and IPv4 multicast routing.

link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/white_paper_c11-579326_ps7078_Products_White_Paper.html

HTH

Hi Sharif,

Thanks for the info.

And also Iam having one more IOS (c3560-advipservicesk9-mz.122-35.SE5.bin) for the same switch. So by upgrading my switch with this ios will help me to enable IPv6 feature or still I need to buy IP service License?

Regards,

Jermy

for this one, if the IOS is advance services, it should include IPv6, try it first, if not then get the license

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card