cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Statement describes router is operational?

pezhmankh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm studying a question that asks if the user can conclude the interface is operational and handling traffic?

Here is a sample diagram, and I was hoping to learn which lines should I specifically pay more attention to find out if there could be a problem with the interface?

I think it would be also very helpful if there is any diagram that can show and teach what each line means and if the router would become unstable or non function if some of the numbers would change in specific lines.

The Interface example:

http://openmaniak.com/vyatta/vyatta_case1_cisco2651-int.gif

4 Replies 4

tobyarnett
Level 1
Level 1

I think your post left left out the sample config so can't tell which command your are even looking at. Please repost the output or command to better answer this question.

Toby

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-Toby

Please don't forget to rate any helpful post.

Thanks for letting me know, Although its very strange I can perfectly see the output from my perspective. However here is the link to the output: http://openmaniak.com/vyatta/vyatta_case1_cisco2651-int.gif

I'm studying a question that asks if the user can conclude the interface is operational and handling traffic?

You have two answers:  The correct one or THE CORRECT one.

"the correct one" is an answer asked by an interview which is either yes/no but doesn't involve real-world scenario.  With this, the answer is YES.  The port is operational (up/up) and it's passing traffic.

"THE CORRECT one" would be an answer that's based on experience(s) from the "wild".  My answer would be "no".

True, the interface is up/up but if you look at the traffic, the packet traffic is so insignificant you couldn't tell what kind of traffic is going on. 

tobyarnett
Level 1
Level 1

In the off chance your looking at the show interface command, look first that the interface is connected and up/up. Next look to see that there is input and output packets incrementing.

Toby

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-Toby

Please don't forget to rate any helpful post.