cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which train do i choose within IOS XE?

jhalldn
Level 1
Level 1

We're running a couple of Cisco Catalyst 4500-X (SUP7) and using the 3.4 version. I was looking for a upgrade and saw that there was two "new" versions ready for download. I haven't read the release notes yet, so i'm just asking kindly for experiences within 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6 releases. I'm looking for BFD support, so i know i need the 3.5 version for that, but should skip BFD for the sake of stability? Do i choose 3.5 or just go all in for 3.6?

I know i must read the release notes anyway (before upgrade the boxes) and choose from what ever feature i need, must have, don't need or just want.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Best J

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For stability sake, use 3.5.3E.  

Don't forget to upgrade the ROMmon FIRST or you won't be able to load 3.5.3E properly.

Thanks a lot for your input. We have the latest ROMMON installed already (15.0(1r)SG10 ), so that won't be any problem. 3.5.3E: here i come :)

PS. a colleague parentally upgraded a box with ROMMON SG6, and that went well. DS.

Best J

A friend mailed me this evening, to let know about a bug that can break this step. There's an bug with ID CSCu04334, that puts the mgmt-if disabled. The bu search shows that 3.6.0E is fixed release. Don't know if that's solved in 3.5.3E...think it's gonna be rethink again...we're using the Fa1 for OOB solution.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card