cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why we see interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1 ?

Hello All 

When i enter " show  runnig-configuration "  in Cisco 3850 Switch i see interfaces through interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1 - 1/1/16 but there are no ports like that. Port numbers are 1/0/1-48 and 2/0/1-48.

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

any "middle" number (y) means module in x/y/z; those are fiber uplink modules and standard low end 3850 switch supports 4 x 1 Gigabit and  4 x 10 Gigabit.

I noticed that too; c3850s have 10 Gig ports listed in config even thou there might be no such module inserted. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

any "middle" number (y) means module in x/y/z; those are fiber uplink modules and standard low end 3850 switch supports 4 x 1 Gigabit and  4 x 10 Gigabit.

I noticed that too; c3850s have 10 Gig ports listed in config even thou there might be no such module inserted. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Use sh inter status command to get the right output

Hello

The switch can support either 1 or 10gb sfps in the same module slot so the ios will show 1/10 gb interfaces in the running configuraton for the same physcal slot.

For example:
Same Physical slot
int gig1/1/1/  < 1GB
int te1/1/1  < -10gb

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card