cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wierd TFTP problem on Vista

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

I went to help a colleague of mine who said that he tried to TFTP the IOS from a Catalyst 3750 switch and said to me over the phone that the TFTP completes successfully, but the file does not appear on his Laptop. Same when he tries to TFTP the config from the 3750 switch.

He tried TFTP servers such as 3CDaemon, tftpd32 and Cisco TFTP Server. Still same problem.

Not being able to resolve the problem over the phone, I went to him to help him out and I had 3CDaemon Server on my Laptop. I could successfully TFTP from the 3750 the IOS and config without any problem and the files appeared in the TFTP default directory on my laptopp.

The only difference is I have XP on my Laptop and my colleague has Vista on his Laptop.

We tried different default directories on my colleague's Laptop (running Vista) and had no success.

Is there any trick if your are using TFTP to pull a file from the device and if use Vista. We disabled all the Firewalls on my colleagues Laptop and still the same problem.

The funny thing is that the TFTP transfer completes and says successful, but the file on the Laptop is not there.

Alphonse

1 Reply 1

Dheebshiba Dinakaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It definitely is OS specific. Kindly try the following and let me know if it works fine:

Go to c:\program files\solarwinds\tftpserver\ (or your install folder) and right click on tftpserver.exe and run as administrator.

Then do the "File => Configure => Start", then it runs fine.

Once this is done, you should be able to see the files.  Hope this helps!

Cheers!

DB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card