cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless not connecting through MPLS

abernathy
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Motorola MC9090's that will no longer connect through my MPLS back to coperate.  They both stopped working at the exact same time yesterday.

They connect to a Cisco WAP321 that is connected to a Catylist 3750 that is connected to a Cisco 1921.

Each device can ping anything on that network.

Both the switch and the router can ping the devices.

But if I try to ping a device on the coperate network the devices timeout.

The PC's connected to the switch via CAT5 have no issues connecting back to coperate (RDP to server)

I am truly at a loss here.

Thank you,

Mike

6 Replies 6

abernathy
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to check at each layer if the traffic is flowing?

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

Who changed what at that time?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I wish it was that easy.

I am the only Admin for all three of our sites.  Nothing changed.

I came in yesterday morning and had a voicemail from our NY branch informing me that the Barcode Scanners were not working.

I wish I could blame the devices but the odds that both of the crap the bed at the same time is not very likely.  They are also able to ping everything locally.

I just don't know enough about Cisco to know if there is a way on the switch or router to help diagnose the problem.

Depending on the model and code version on your routers, you can define a packet capture and see what it looks like in wireshark.

http://ccie-in-3-months.blogspot.com/2008/07/embedded-packet-capture-how-to-make.html

Forgive my ignorance but would a show run on each device give me what I need to determine if I can run that.

Login to the router, run config t and see if some of those commands will take or not.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card