cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless to get inside the company

nunoscosta
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pix firewall to connect some hosts from internet to enteprise intranet.

The pix is conencted to ADSL modem and one cisco switch. The hosts will be connected to the switch and then will receive ip address from the pix. I want to connect one AP 1100 aironet to the switch for wireless clients but i have one problem here! The wireless will receive one ip address for bvi interface and i must create one radius account on the ACS server for radius athentication, the radius server is on the intranet side. I can not control the pix and the scope of ip addresses that i get from the enteprise, but i can control the ACS server and the 1100 AP. Can i have the AP with dynamic ip on the bvi interface and set one static address to create the radius account on the ACS server? With vlans? But how can i use trunks with the pix as firewall? The ACS and pix are different subnets/vlans

I hope you can help me!

Best regards

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) daemon must be enabled to listen for DHCP client requests. When the PIX Firewall acts as a DHCP server, PIX provides network configuration parameters to DHCP clients. You cannot configure DHCP reservation on PIX.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card