cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

With VWIC-2MFT-E1 module unable to configure atm

Philidor
Level 1
Level 1

We've a cisco 2811 with IOS c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-13d.bin and the following module is installed but we can't configure ATM.

Is it caused by the wrong module or wrong IOS ?

NAME: "Two port E1 voice interface daughtercard", DESCR: "Two port E1 voice interface daughtercard"
PID: VWIC-2MFT-E1     

controller E1 0/0/0
mode atm aim 0 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
controller E1 0/0/1
mode atm aim 0 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philidor
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.

I'll try with the right IOS and I will let you know.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is the config guide :

#Cisco IOS Image -- To run these features on T1/E1 interfaces, you must install an IP Plus or IP Voice image (minimum) of Cisco IOS Release 12.3(14)T or a later release.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/interfaces-modules/nm-2v-two-voice-fax-interface-card-slot-network-module/65322-tdmfxwic.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Philidor
Level 1
Level 1

Exactly I have the following doubt because with the following module installed always on a cisco 2811 we can configure ATM.

NAME: "VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 - 2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 on Slot 0 SubSlot 0", DESCR: "VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 - 2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1"
PID: VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 , VID: V01 ,

While with this one nstead it cannot be configured

NAME: "Two port E1 voice interface daughtercard", DESCR: "Two port E1 voice interface daughtercard"
PID: VWIC-2MFT-E1 , VID: V02,

The problem could be the "right" module has written 2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk while the "bad" one has written Two port E1 voice interface daughtercard ?

The original post asks "Is it caused by the wrong module or wrong IOS ?" It looks like the issue is wrong IOS. According to the post by BB you need an IOS with greater functionality (IP Plus or IP Voice). The original post indicates that this router is running IP Base which is more restricted in its functionality than the other 2.

HTH

Rick

Philidor
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.

I'll try with the right IOS and I will let you know.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card