Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Software Upgrade

olgu arabaci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have some questions about the subject. So i want to upgrade my software release 7.5.102.0 to 8.0.152.0. When i looked 8.0.152.0 release notes, there is a table for transition between softwares. As the table i can just upgrade software to 8.0.152.0 from 7.4.x, 7.6.x and 8.0.1.x. If i don't have these softwares, i can't upgrade my software directly to 8.0.152.0. I should upgrade my software to intermediate release. Which are the intermediate releases? And which one suitable for me? Could someone please share me which softwares should i use to reach 8.0.152.0 release?

The other question mark in my head is FUS? What is it? How can i check my FUS image version in my WLC? I read smth about that but it is not still clear. 

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You can upgrade directly to 8.0.152 from 7.4 and above.
To check version of FUS, go to your WLC in ssh and type in show sysinfo:

You'll have a line as follow:
Bootloader Version............................... 1.0.20

What is your version?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Here is my version of FUS;

Bootloader Version............................... 1.0.1

I'd recommend upgrading the FUS.

Agree with Leo. Anyways, on this version release note, Cisco is recommending at least 1.9.0:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn80mr5.html#pgfId-1162364

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanx for your replies. Then i will upgrade my FUS image with my ios. Is there any difference upgrade process between ios and fus? I have 2 WLC which are working in AP SSO mode. Is the same upgrade procedure that Cisco recommends for both the FUS and iOS as below?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/how-to-upgrade-wlc-in-ha-setup/ta-p/3148350

My recommendation is upgrade the firmware FIRST and then the FUS.
If you don't do the firmware first, you'll need to break HA and then upgrade the FUS to each unit individually (and then the firmware).
If you upgrade the firmware first, the FUS code can be pushed to the secondary automatically.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card