cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC HA SKU node- sending event logs to remote syslog server

Rene S.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is there a way to send the syslogs from the second node (=HA SKU) in a HA cluster to a remote syslog server?

We've migrated the second WLC (which is backup) to another datacenter and I am afraid it keeps rebooting, but I cannot see anything in the logs on primary node..

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rakeshvelagala
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

From what I know, there should be at least reachable between the redundancy ports. The secondary will use the redundancy port to send the syslog messages. I believe your other node is not restarting but is in Maintenance mode.

What does #show redundancy summary show?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/High_Availability_DG.html

From Above:

"Also, the Standby WLC uses this interface in order to source ICMP ping packets to check gateway reachability. This interface is also used in order to send notifications from the Active WLC to the Standby WLC in the event of Box failure or Manual Reset. The Standby WLC will use this interface in order to communicate to Syslog,"

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rakeshvelagala
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

From what I know, there should be at least reachable between the redundancy ports. The secondary will use the redundancy port to send the syslog messages. I believe your other node is not restarting but is in Maintenance mode.

What does #show redundancy summary show?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/High_Availability_DG.html

From Above:

"Also, the Standby WLC uses this interface in order to source ICMP ping packets to check gateway reachability. This interface is also used in order to send notifications from the Active WLC to the Standby WLC in the event of Box failure or Manual Reset. The Standby WLC will use this interface in order to communicate to Syslog,"

Thanks

siarena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The standby unit sends syslog messages using the Redundancy Management interface.

In 8.1 SNMP trap support has been also added:

RF failure notification ErrorType: 34 Reason :Lost Peer, Moving to Active-No-Peer State!
A new trap type is added in CISCO-RF-SUPPLEMENTAL-MIB.my.

Regards

Simone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card