I have a 3560 catalyst 48 port with 5 Vlan's. The switch is connected to a 3825 router. The vlans work when the 3560 is not hooked up to the router and I am able to ping the world. Once connect to the router, I can't get through to the outside. Only a 10.0.10.1 network can get out through the switch. The other vlans on the switch are set to 10.0.20.1, 10.0.30.1, 10.0.40.1, and 10.0.50.1. The router seems to be dropping packets, but I can't seem to figure out why. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out but I and my technician can't seem to come up with the answer.
Here is my output
no ip domain lookup
ip domain name mav01.taggis.com
no vlan accounting
multilink bundle-name authenticated
There more lines but nothing to do with the problem I am having!
~~~ this interface is connected to the switch
ip address 10.0.10.2 255.255.255.0
vlan-id dot1q 2
This interface is connected to the internal network....in reality, the router uses a satellite connection to gain access to the internet. For now I am using my office access point to configure the router.
ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
no mop enabled
no ip address
ip address 148.x.x.154 255.255.255.252
service-module ip address 126.96.36.199 255.255.255.252
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.50
ip route 10.0.20.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.50
ip route 10.0.30.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.50
ip route 10.0.40.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.50
ip route 10.0.50.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.50
ip http server
ip http authentication local
ip http secure-server
ip http timeout-policy idle 5 life 86400 requests 10000
ip http path flash:
access-list 1 permit 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0
access-list 1 permit any log
snmp-server community marvin RO
You should post your switch configuration in order for us to see how they are connected but I would like to make a suggestion,
If you are going from your internal 10.0.10.x network out through the router 148.x.x.x most likely you need to create a NAT translation and apply it to the outside and inside interfaces.
Thanks for the reply and next time I will. I figured it and it was something stupid. I forgot to route the traffic back to the switch. It was fixed when I put ip route 10.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.0.10.1 which was the ip address for the native vlan. It was a rookie mistake.