cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Working with Nexus VDC

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello everyone !! Hope all is well and happy 4th of July !!!

I am working on building out a campus network using a pair of Nexus 7706's and I'll be using VDC to configure the Nexus 7706 to be the Core and Distribution layer. I have not worked with VDC before and from I've have read seems pretty straight forward.

Do I just simply create a VDC and allocate ports to it ?

Are there things that I need to be aware of when working with VDC ?

Thanks in advance !!! I appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

Danny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Danny,

Be aware that when you create a VDC, it is like having a different physical switch. Another word, if you create VDC-1 in switch-1 and VDC-1 in switch-2, these 2 VDCs will not communicate with each other unless you connect them using a physical link.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Danny,

Be aware that when you create a VDC, it is like having a different physical switch. Another word, if you create VDC-1 in switch-1 and VDC-1 in switch-2, these 2 VDCs will not communicate with each other unless you connect them using a physical link.

HTH

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As mentioned other member here...VDC is physically 2 devices, they need to connect back to back to communicated.

what kind of access switch you try to connect ?

what line cards did you purchased and check the compatibility.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Reza and Balaji for replying !!

Yes, I understand the VDC concept. I just haven't had the opportunity to work it before and just want to see if there is anything that I need watch out for when configure VDC.

I am using N77-F348XP-23 linecards and I am using Catalyst 3650's for my access layer connecting to my Distribution VDC via vPC.

Thanks !!!

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco