cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400 to WRVS4400 VPN keeps droping + others

lance.raymond
Level 1
Level 1

Well as the subject states, we purcahsed (4) of these devices, for 3 offices and my house (as the sysadmin).

The Tunnels are setup and daily they will just drop.  Some times I can goto the admin and hit the [connect] as it shows down, other times I have to actually pull the plug or remote reboot.  (Note some times I can actually see the remote device on the private side, get to the router admin but traffic doesn't pass).

The fustration level is getting there, as our old Juniper NS5GT's NEVER had this issue.   Both mine and my test one at the remote co-lo are running the newest firmware (V2.0.1.3) so I know it's not that.  But as I said, daily the tunnel with switch to down, I need to connect to rtr1, hit the connect, goto the other, hit connect and 75% it works, the 25% it doesn't, I pull the plug then things work.

Also, looking at the same device, I wanted to test the security feature (as its at home), so I went to Internet Access Policy: and created a new policy.  Left the default for all times, I called it 'bad sites', set to allow, and under domain did a basic amazon.com as a test.  I selected [save], went to another link, went back and saw that site was still there.  I then opened a new browser, even tried from a new device newly connecting, going to amazon.com and had no problems.  Is there something else that needs addressing for this policy to work?

1 Reply 1

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

Hi mate,

I tested some of this hardware a year ago, and feel sorry things hasn't changed. These are low quality products, and there is little you can do to solve this out. If you already have the latest firmware, that's it. Try changing them to something more adequate like ASA 5505 or Cisco 891 model or at least SA520 from SMB market.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card