cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS 3650 - Express Setup does not start

Mgn
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, i have a bunch of new WS-3650-24TD and i am trying to perform express setup. Issue is that when i press the Mode button for more than 3 seconds , it does not go into setup mode (lights are not blinking as expected), the switch does not reply on the suggested IP (10.0.0.1), hence i am stack with the configuration.... Any hint ? thanks mgn
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

emre
Level 1
Level 1

hi

com port
you need to configure

3650 new series switches
no web access interface

by command

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

emre
Level 1
Level 1

hi

com port
you need to configure

3650 new series switches
no web access interface

by command

Thank you , i got no web configuration possible.

Nevertheless, Cisco Documentation is wrong as the documented process is not possible at all (press 3 seconds Mode button, etc etc).

I got the Switch configured from a Certified CIsco engineer....

svleu
Level 1
Level 1

This is ridiculous...I have read the instructions numerous time trying to find a clue, then came here and have been reading for half an hour about the same issue with the mode button and express setup....cant believe my eye these cisco people after so many complaints the still have those instructions available and coming up when you search for clues. What a mess this company is when it comes to support, documentation, things all over the place on their site, release notes missing explanations aboyt changing staff around...I am so pist... 

spam1
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Strange that noone can provide any tips on how to solve this.

Turn2
Level 1
Level 1

That model is at least 10 years old and discontinued. I would expect most people would just initially configure the switch via a console cable and wouldn't be bothered with the express setup.

If you are currently having an issue though and want to use the express setup, can you provide some more details about what is happening/not happening?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card