Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960S-24PS-L not detecting Nortel i2002 POE phone

sdeokiesingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I powered a Notel i2002 phone with a SG300-10MP POE switch, it automatically detects the phone (which has a POE splitter on it, PD-PS-402)

When I connect the extact setup to the 2960, it does not detect and turn on the POE for the phone to power on.

I have tried static power, max and it still does not detect.

Are there any commands that will turn the POE ON instead of being on auto detect?

15 Replies 15

patrikruchti
Level 1
Level 1

Please see this for detailed information:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+POE

All you need is a cisco Switch that support Cisco pre-standard (legacy) PoE.

But... Output of Q&A from the Cisco Website

Q, Can a Cisco switch be forced to provide pre-standard PoE an 802.3af compliant IP phone?

A. There is no way to force the switch to provide pre-standard PoE,       because the power allocation is done automatically through negotiation.

Cisco switches with PoE capability automatically supply power to       connected pre-standard powered devices, such as Cisco IP phones and Cisco       Aironet access points, and to IEEE 802.3af-compliant powered devices if the       switch senses that there is no power on the circuit. This means the switch       supplies power to any non-Cisco device that does not have Cisco Discovery       Protocol (CDP), as long as it is an IEEE 802.3af-compliant powered       device.

In conclusion, Cisco pre-standard PoE devices and 802.3af-compliant       devices work accordingly, and the switch cannot provide either pre-standard PoE       to an 802.3af device or 802.3af power to a Cisco pre-standard device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: