cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960X-24PS-L ports administratively shutdown after failed POST in Inline Power test

Moses Munguti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco switch(WS-C2960X-24PS-L) that powers up then administratively shuts down only the first four ports. All the remaining 20 ports function as normal access ports without any errors.

Below is the error according to the switch log :
Oct  1 10:58:43.637 GMT: %PLATFORM_ENV-3-ILP_PORT_POST_ERR: Gi1/0/1 can't be brought up because it failed POST in Inline Power test.
Oct  1 10:58:43.651 GMT: %PLATFORM_ENV-3-ILP_PORT_POST_ERR: Gi1/0/2 can't be brought up because it failed POST in Inline Power test.
Oct  1 10:58:43.665 GMT: %PLATFORM_ENV-3-ILP_PORT_POST_ERR: Gi1/0/3 can't be brought up because it failed POST in Inline Power test.
Oct  1 10:58:43.697 GMT: %PLATFORM_ENV-3-ILP_PORT_POST_ERR: Gi1/0/4 can't be brought up because it failed POST in Inline Power test.

CSW-XX-01#sh ip int br
GigabitEthernet1/0/1   unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down    
GigabitEthernet1/0/2   unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down    
GigabitEthernet1/0/3   unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down    
GigabitEthernet1/0/4   unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down

Kindly assist

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Probably a permanent issue then unfortunately. Hopefully you have Smartnet or can live with it. Though I'd be cautious that it won't happen to the others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Thomas Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

Most of what I'm seeing is potential ASIC issues although one thing you could try is to disable PoE on those interfaces (power inline never) and then try to "no shut" them to see if they can be brought online. You would at least get switching but no PoE if that works.

I tried a shut and a no shut on the ports but still they are administratively shutdown.

Also a reset(default) of the interfaces and a no shut could not bring up the ports.

Disabling PoE on the ports also could not bring up the ports.

Probably a permanent issue then unfortunately. Hopefully you have Smartnet or can live with it. Though I'd be cautious that it won't happen to the others.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card