cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3560-24PS-S WILL NOT BOOT

dpechon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a c3560 switch which been working very well, I tried to reset it by holding the mode button in while plugging it in. After letting the button go I get the following

Capture1.PNG

When it get to this point everything hang up. I can not type anything in or even hit the enter button.

This happen every time I try this. Any suggestions on how I can fix this.

7 Replies 7

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You're in rommon mode.
To get out you need to type the following commands in order:
- flash_init
- load_helper
- boot

If you pushed the button because you forgot the password then you have an extra step between load_helper and boot commands which is renaming the config to boot the switch without any configuration.
Take a look on this documentation where everything is explained:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/12040-pswdrec-2900xl.html

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I have tried everything. I can not enter anything in. I seem as it just lock up. Even if I just let it boot up on its own it will still go to that spot and nothing will work.

Just to understand. When it boots, it stops at the prompt you showed and you're not able to type any commands?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

yes that is what happening

Can you retry the full procedure by pushing back the button? Otherwise open a TAC case.
I’ve tried it on one of my lab switches and it works without issues

Thanks
Francesco

Thanks for the help. Found a bad cable.

Thanks for giving your findings. Sometimes it’s the basic.
Never got this one where the cable is good enough to show everything but not good enough to no type anything.
It’s been a while I’m using AirConsole and I didn’t thought about this one :-)

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: