cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3560-8PC-S Power Cable Question

Philip Denton
Level 1
Level 1

I feel goofy for asking this question, but...  there's only one version of the WS-C3560-8PC-S (and all other fixed-config Catalyst switches) no matter what region of the world they're deployed in, right?  The only difference region to region is the CAB-AC-<country_name> that comes with it?

I bought a pair of 3560s on the secondary market and they were new in-box but came with the strange-looking power cables pictured below.  The box said C3560-8PC-S just like I ordered though.  As long as I get my client a pair of CAB-AC= for North American use they should be fine with the switches that came in the box, right?

TIA,

Phil

photo.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Phil,

The switch has internal PS and the following applies:

- The internal power supply is an autoranging unit.

- The internal power supply supports input voltages between 100 and 240 VAC.

- Use the supplied AC power cord to connect the AC power connector to an AC power outlet.

So as long as you are in range 100-240VAC from power source, there won't be any smoke :-)

Kind Regards,

Ivan Shirshin

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

Here in table 7 is the list of all 3560 switch part numbers and indeed,  there's only one version of the WS-C3560-8PC-S:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5528/product_data_sheet09186a00801f3d7d.html

Kind Regards,
Ivan Shirshin

Kind Regards,
Ivan

So we're fairly certain nothing will blow up if they just use a CAB-AC= with the switches, eh?

The switch probably says something similar to:

50-60 Hz

100-240V

The US uses 60Hz power while many other regions use 50.  As far as voltage goes 110 for a typical US wall outlet and 220 for some data center / industrial stuff. 

Long story short, check for those ratings on the physical switch.  I really think you're good to go though...

- Be sure to rate all helpful posts

Hi Phil,

The switch has internal PS and the following applies:

- The internal power supply is an autoranging unit.

- The internal power supply supports input voltages between 100 and 240 VAC.

- Use the supplied AC power cord to connect the AC power connector to an AC power outlet.

So as long as you are in range 100-240VAC from power source, there won't be any smoke :-)

Kind Regards,

Ivan Shirshin

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Sounds good, Ivan.  Thanks!

Welcome, Phil! Thanks for ratings.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Ivan's response was strangly similar to mine... 

- Be sure to rate all helpful posts

and you got the rating too ;-)

Kind Regards,
Ivan
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card