cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750X-24 Stack won't go past 15.2(1)E2

AvidPontoon1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a stack of two WS-C3750X-24T-S switches in a stack that will not update past 15.2(1)E2.

I have tried the following versions:

• c3750e-universalk9-mz.152-4.E.bin
  • c3750e-universalk9-mz.152-4.E10.bin

I have attached a text file with the console output.

They load the new ios into RAM and then falls back to loading the existing ios, which works. If the old ios wasnt on the switch anymore, it would attempt to load the new ios once more and then fail with 'Boot Process Failed' and put me at the 'switch:' prompt.

The switches are from 2017 so are not 'old' switches and we have never had a problem with them that would indicate a hardware fault. We managed to nurse the switch up from 15.0 to 15.2(1)E2 but we had to go to the latest 15.0 and then move to 15.2(1)E2.

What is going on here?

16 Replies 16

Hi,

This results in the switch failing to boot, as shown in the text file I attached earlier. It attempts to load the firmware but fails and falls back to the old version.

The new firmware isn’t on the switches because it’s failed the last few times. The switch master isn’t correct as one switch got stuck in a loop.

have you removed the image from switch ?

connect console cable and post complete upgrade process for us to understand. have you verified the image is correct ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: