Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3850-12X48U Stack

saboodi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I got stack of 3 WS-C3850-12X48U, and I set priority for them but when the master failed I loose whole stack. I mean the standby doesn't come be master!!! and the configuration not sync between these switches I don't why. So please advice me for that and I'm using the version of code universalk9.16.03.07.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For starters , configure syslogging to a syslog server, check which errors are reported when the stack master fails.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can yo u post the complete output to the command "sh switch detail".

Thanks for your answer, Actually I'm looking why the standby has not come master when the master faile?

my suggestion maybe the configuration isn't synced between the SW.

1.JPG

@saboodi wrote:

my suggestion maybe the configuration isn't synced between the SW.

What made you conclude the config wasn't synchronized with the secondary? 

Is it because when the primary failed the remainder of the stack was unreachable?  If this is the case, the first question everyone is going to ask is:  Where is uplink port?  Is the uplink port connected to the stack master?  Is there an uplink port connected to the secondary port? 

I have two uplinks one in the master and anthor one in standby. Suppose be when Master failed the stack still up! But this is not happened to me. When the stack failed I console the standby and there is no Configuration on it.

Raise a TAC Case.

What you thing this command, it will help or not ???

#redundancy config-sync validate

Thanks

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what do you mean by "master failed" you had a fully functioning stacjk and the the master died, leabing only the other switches in the stack operational?  do a sh switch

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco