cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C4507R-E strange log warning?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

can anyone tell me please what is this warning about ? and how can i fix it ? the logging is full of these two messages?

-%C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFLINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 110399 times)NFE FL ipv6AddrCompTblMemCorrectedEccErr interrupt. rep[0]: 0xE000000, rep[1]: 0x0, rep[2]: 0x0, valid: false, multipleErrorsDetected: false, addr: 0xE, ecc: 0x0

-: %C4K_HWFLOWMAN-3-NFEINTERRUPTSTATUS: (Suppressed 6852 times)module: fl InterruptStatus: 0x8

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your on an effected release for that bug above running netflow or not more than likely that's whats causing it inside the software as its cosmetic

your software code is 15.1(2)SG4 which is listed as an effected release in that bug , if you want further info you will need to open it up with TAC and ask the development team why its being triggered without netflow enabled or just move off that ios its 3 years old move to something newer like 3.6.6 or just use the logging discriminator to remove it from logs

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is Netflow enabled?

is netflow a set of commands on the switch itself?

yes there commands, flow monitor , flow record , flow exporter

looks a bit like this below

CSCuy64537

Saves search parameters so query can be run again in the future
Search for:
Software:
Release:
Email Notification

%C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt
CSCuy64537
Description
Symptom:
On a 4500 system the following log messages may be seen in the syslog, console log, or terminal log:

%C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt
%C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 1 times)NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.
%C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 2 times)NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.
%C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 1 times)NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.

Conditions:
Flexible Netflow must be configured and active on one or more interface.

Workaround:
None - This issue is cosmetic and non-impacting.

A logging discriminator may be used to filter the syslogs out.

Further Problem Description:

Customer Visible
Notifications
Save Bug
Open Support Case
Was the description about this Bug Helpful?
(2)

i looked over the running config there isnt any flow commands to be found? what is causing this?

Your on an effected release for that bug above running netflow or not more than likely that's whats causing it inside the software as its cosmetic

your software code is 15.1(2)SG4 which is listed as an effected release in that bug , if you want further info you will need to open it up with TAC and ask the development team why its being triggered without netflow enabled or just move off that ios its 3 years old move to something newer like 3.6.6 or just use the logging discriminator to remove it from logs

Hi,

can you please share the syntax for the logging discriminator?

thanks.

Hi
I have the same problem I have running the following IOS Version 03.06.05.E on a 4507R + E

011339: Sep 28 19:49:09:% C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 13 times) NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.
011340: Sep 28 19:49:44:% C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 4 times) NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.
011341: Sep 28 19:50:21:% C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 7 times) NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.
011342: Sep 28 19:50:58:% C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 7 times) NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.
011343: Sep 28 19:51:34:% C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 7 times) NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.
011344: Sep 28 19:52:12:% C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 3 times) NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.
011345: Sep 28 19:53:15:% C4K_HWFLOWMAN-4-NFEFUINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 3 times) NFE FU FnfWatermark interrupt.

The strangest thing is that I do not see logs in the CORE, for example disconnection of cables off ports, etc, before if I appeared,

They also report slowness in the network and this and making my discards,
I do have Netflow running on the network

Regards

Carlos

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card