I have WS-C6509-E chassis which have 2 Sup ( ( VS-S720-10G )
I want to upgrade s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI3.bin TO s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI12.bin
I do not want to come accross with service outage ( boot etc. ).So I want to use ISSU etc. for this operation.
Is ISSU supported with SXI3 ?
Is it possible to direct upgrade SXI3 to SXI12 with ISSU ?
The ISSU command theorectically should work....Though the last time I attempted it failed....why? Because we were upgrading to an iOS that was too far apart. TAC suggested that we only upgrade to at most 2 versions higher.
I have 2 Sup. ( active - passive )
What is name of this operation ?
It's called "the old fashion way".
1. Make sure you MATCH the MD5 hash value of the IOS file you've downloaded from the Cisco website against the MD5 hash value found in the Cisco website.
2. Copy the IOS from your TFTP to the primary supervisor card: copy tftp sup-bootflash:
3. Copy the IOS from your TFTP to the secondary card.
4. Change the bootstring to boot the new IOS:
boo sys flash sup-bootflash:new_ios.bin
boo sys flash sup-bootflash:old_ios.bin
5. Once you've completed the steps, you force the primary card to boot. Once the primary card boots up, force the secondary card to boot.