Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-SUP32-10GE-3B resetting username/password in 6513 chassis

SpaceAceFrehley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been resetting a few of the above supervisor cards on a WS-6513 chassis.

Whilst most have been smooth, one has thrown up a username/password prompt, when there has been no such prompt with the 10+ other cards I've processed.

Initially I believed I'd left the card in 0x2102 in the confreg, but have since changed that to confreg 0x2142, as per the cisco manual. However, it still gives me the same username and password barrier. I will type below most of the console output (two unconnected comptuers, cannot directly transfer) for anyone with insight to peruse.

I did find a similar problem posted on the forum, but the user stated that he was only presented with a login prompt after being asked about entering the initial configuration dialogue. My supervisor card immediately asks for this upon reload.

Many thanks

Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

wrr-quece  cos-map 3 3 6 7

Invalid input detected at '^' maker.

mls qos trust device cisco-phone

snmp-server enable traps dlsw

Press RETURN to get started

C

WARNING: You are accessing a private computer system. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, network devices (including Internet access), is provided for the use of authorized personnel only. This computer system may only be used for legitimate business purposes, subject to applicable policies. Access to this computer is a privilege that may be revoked at any time. ETC                             *********************************************

User Access Verification

Username:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohsin Alam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have the backup configs delete the config from flash and also put the device in ROMMON and check the set for confreg variable. 

## Make sure to mark post as helpful, If it resolved your issue. ##

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Do you have an option to 'echo-verify' the intended config-register setting because it seems to boot and fetch a configuration from somewhere , seen from the lines with errors and the motd-announcing message.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Mohsin Alam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have the backup configs delete the config from flash and also put the device in ROMMON and check the set for confreg variable. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Break into ROMMON and post the complete output to the command "set".

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card