cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-X4306-GB Swap

sytomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This may be a trivial question but I want to make sure this will work before implementing.  We have a 4503 with a SUP4 and we want to swap a line card (WS-X4306-GB) from that chassis to a 4507 with SUP2-Plus.  My question is will this work without having to reload the switch/SUP?  I'm thinking it will, but I wanted to ensure that this is indeed the case.

Also, has anyone done this kind of a swap before and ran into any issues? 

Any help would be certainly appreciated.

Cheers,

Syd 

4 Replies 4

danielmcollins
Level 1
Level 1

Sytomas,

It should without incident. Had to do this a # of times.

Dan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Dan!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes Syd.  This will work and won't affect the supervisor card of either chassis.

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

leolaohoo wrote:

Yes Syd.  This will work and won't affect the supervisor card of either chassis.

Probably safer to think of this as "shouldn't" vs. "won't".

I.e., if possible do this during a maintenance window.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card