Views
Helpful
Replies

XFP Module Supported Small business Cisco Switch Models

Yasmeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

we are in need of XFP Module Supported Small business Cisco Switch Models. Kindly refer me the Cisco Switch which supports XFP Module 

I need only Small business switches

Thanks,

Regards,

Yasmeen Shaul Hameed.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the requirement, where you like to connect this other side ?  XFP is more related to Provider based - check below URL more information, it has compatabilioty matrix the device supports.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/10-gigabit-modules/product_data_sheet0900aecd802a61b9.html

Or you Looking normal SFP 10GB Module :

https://blog.router-switch.com/2014/10/cisco-xfp-vs-sfp-vs-sfp/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Team

as we are going to connect the XFP module to C4 CMTS machine with one Cisco Switch for that purpose we need best and low price cisco switch model needed to connect the XFP module supported Switch 

Kindly let me know the supported model switch as i checked in internet found Cisco ME-3600X 24CX model can support. like i need the supported model switches list.

Thanks,

Regards,

Yasmeen Shaul Hameed.

Hi Balaji

As we have one C4 CMTS Machine, which is has one XFP port, i need one XFP supported Switch to connect with this device 

For this purpose i am going to purchase 2 XFP ports supported switch with XFP modules to connect this device 

please help me on this

Hello @Yasmeen ,

I may be wrong but I think that you can connect an XFP at 10 Gbps LAN mode to an SFP+ 10 Gbps LAN mode as both use LC connectors on fibers

from second link provided by BB:

XFPthe first of the small form factor 10GbE optics. Presents LC connectors

SFPalso called mini-GBIC, is upgraded version of GBIC transceiver

SFP+a 10GbE optics using the same physical form factor as a gigabit SFP. Because of this, many of the small SFP+ based 10GbE switches use 1G/10G ports, giving an added degree of flexibility. Presents LC connectors

it is just enough that the modules use the same optical window and they should be able to inter-operate.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Yasmeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

as we are going to connect the XFP module to C4 CMTS machine with one Cisco Switch for that purpose we need best and low price cisco switch model needed to connect the XFP module supported Switch 

Kindly let me know the supported model switch as i checked in internet found Cisco ME-3600X 24CX model can support. like i need the supported model switches list.

Thanks,

Regards,

Yasmeen Shaul Hameed.

Yasmeen,

XFP is supported in different Cisco router platforms like the ASR series and not the switches. Are you sure you need XFP or you just need a switch that supports SFP or SFP+?

Does the  C4 CMTS machine take 1Gig or 10Gig, copper, or fiber?

It is easier to find a solution if you find the answer to these questions.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card