cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to request missing Visio stencils?

gary.t.giesen
Level 1
Level 1

There are several Visio stencils that are missing from the library that I need. They're important to me (and I imagine others want them too) as I need to do rack elevation diagrams. I hate to open a TAC case on them but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

The stencils I require are:

ASA5510 (Rear view - the side with the interfaces)

ME-C6524GT-8S (Rear view - the side with the power supplies) - 24 Ethernet - 10/100/1000 interfaces + 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, 1 fan tray

PWR-400W-AC - 400W AC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

PWR-400W-DC - 400W DC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

ME-C3750-24TE-M (Rear View - the side with the power supplies) - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro

PWR-ME3750-AC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

PWR-ME3750-DC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

Cheers

210 Replies 210

Hi Nicholas,

I will do my best. I've searched the Cisco directory for a product group person to work with but this typically takes some time to get to the right person when they haven't found me on their own.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

I have been looking for modules for the ISR4000 routers.  Specifically the 1MFT-T1/E1.

I have checked all of the modules that are available on the Cisco stencils download area and cannot find them.  Does anyone have any ideas where I might be able to find them?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Jared,

The N9K-C93120TX is now in the latest A9K stencil: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/visio/visio/switches_cisco_nexus_9000.zip

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Brett,

I have found the ISR 4000 series routers but not the NIM's that were requested above.  Any idea on when we might be able to see these?

Hi Brett,

Any chance on possibly getting the ISR 4K NIM modules in Visio stencil format?

Thanks,

Brian

hammerbut
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

First of all let me thank you for your great work with Cisco products stencils it neat and quite helpful.

Currently I'm in need of AIR-WLC-2125 wireless lightweight access points controller Visio stencil, is there any possability you could provide me one?

Hello Andrey,

Glad to help...

A new Wireless products stencil will be posted within the next 24 hours.  We just submitted it to the Web team and that is how long it typically takes to appear on the Visio page http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html

It contains a generic 2100 and also a 2106 which look identical and the 2125 is the same as well.  You can edit the Visio Shape Data to show it as 2125 if you need to.

Regards,

Brett

Hello! Does anyone know where I can find the following visio stencils: IPS ASA Module, ACE 4710 Rear view with interfaces? Thank you

Hi Claudiu,

Thank you for notifying us of this missing stencil.  My company develops Cisco's Visio stencils based on authorization from the product groups and I have contacted the ACE group with your request.  We don't currently have a Visio stencil for any products in the ACE line so unfortunately I can't give you a quick solution but we'll do our best to move the process forward.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Visimation Inc.

stephen barcena
Level 1
Level 1

Brett, I am in need of the following stencils:

Cisco ASA-5585-X (The front view with the interfaces)

Cisco Catalyst 4500 series

WS-4507R+E fan tray (only minus is listed)

WS-X4624-SFP-E Linecard

WS-X4712-SFP+E 10GB Linecard

WS-X45-SUP7-E

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi Stephen,

The ASA-5585-X is in production now.  The drawings are done but there's another step in the process that converts the drawings to the actual Visio shapes.  There will be several versions with various combinations of interfaces.  I expect them to be done by early next week.  However, posting of the download files has been taking several days which is an issue that I've begun looking into since it used to take no more than 24 hours.  That's done by another group but I'll keep on top of it.

On the Catalyst 4500 series, the only part on your list that is currently in our queue is the WS-X45-SUP7-E.  I'll need to contact the product group about approval for the othres so please understand that there is a budgeting and procurement process for that.

Regards,

Brett

Hi Brett,

I'm drawing Cat6k5 picture and I've been looking for ACE30 module but haven't found any ACE module (even ACE10, ACE20).

I've went through the Cat6k5 stencils on that occasion and I'm surprised there is no Sup2T or any new 68xx, 69xx module - yes they all are similar to some older ones but it's time wasting searching similar one. And if it's same stencil production cost will be low. Other things what streamline stencil searching as well. WiSM2 is in wireless file only - it'll be appreciated if it will be 6k5 file as well or preferably. Stencils are unsorted in file and there is no option to sort them in visio - it's much easier to find desired one if they are sorter alphabetically.

Last thing all 6k5 chassis have junction point on sides at center of module position but it's annoying that VS-S720 stencil joins at lower bottoms to that points hence it's misplaced when points are used.

Bret I greatly appreciate your participation here. Just note to Cisco I don't understand that creation of Visio stencils is not a part of the new product introduction process hence stencils are not ordered automatically when product is introduced…

Regards,

Michal.

Hi Michal,

We've just recently contacted the Catalyst 6500 product team about Visio shapes.  Our company was not involved with the older ones you see on the site but I certainly understand the flaws you've found in them.  I can assure you that ours will be an improvement.  However, we need to get through the procurement process with the product group so the shapes you need won't be completed for several weeks at least... I wish we could do better but that's realistic.

We are also discussing how we might be able to make Visio production part of the pre-release process so that they are created along with the product photos.  I don't know if we'll be successful at that but we're trying!

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Awesome Thanks for the info Brett!

Brett do you have an update on the WS-X45-SUP7L-E stencil?