cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to request missing Visio stencils?

gary.t.giesen
Level 1
Level 1

There are several Visio stencils that are missing from the library that I need. They're important to me (and I imagine others want them too) as I need to do rack elevation diagrams. I hate to open a TAC case on them but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

The stencils I require are:

ASA5510 (Rear view - the side with the interfaces)

ME-C6524GT-8S (Rear view - the side with the power supplies) - 24 Ethernet - 10/100/1000 interfaces + 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, 1 fan tray

PWR-400W-AC - 400W AC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

PWR-400W-DC - 400W DC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

ME-C3750-24TE-M (Rear View - the side with the power supplies) - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro

PWR-ME3750-AC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

PWR-ME3750-DC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

Cheers

210 Replies 210

Hi Nick,

I'll explain the white space phenomenon.  Visio 2010 introduced the concept of pages that resize and grow automatically as you add shapes to the page.  The math behind that feature looks at the actual physical dimensions of the object which in the case of rack mounted devices is 19" wide.  For many technical performance reasons that I won't go into here, we scale the master shapes (what users commonly refer to as "icons") at 1:10 scale. Therefore, when you drop a shape on the page it looks small but there is math behind it that knows it's 19" wide. So, even though the handles sizes of the shape are only 1.9" horizontally, Visio knows that it's 19" wide and it tries to resize the drawing page around that boundary. This is related to the white boundary that you see.

If you do a simple copy/paste from Visio to Word, the default is to place it into Word as an "embedded object" which means that Visio is sort of copied into your Word doc.  Notice that if you double click on that object in Word, the Visio UI appears and you can edit is as if it were in Visio.  I strongly suggest that you NOT copy/paste like that. Instead, use copy/paste-special and select Enhanced Metafile (emf) image from the list.  This will be a vector image that will remain sharp as you resize it in Word (or PowerPoint for that matter) and there will be only a very slight white border around it.  Another advantage of this method is that your Word file will be smaller and faster without embedded images.

Interestingly, the default copy/paste from Visio to PowerPoint inserts a bitmapped image, not embedded Visio object or emf.  Here is a brief blog article we posted about the differences:  http://www.visiozone.com/?p=349

Some of the Visio zip files on cisco.com contain PowerPoint files with pre-made .emf files that you can use without Visio.  We only do this for the groups that request and fund those conversions, though, so these are not universally available.  The Nexus 2000 stencil zip file posted in the Switches section does contain them, for example.

I hope you don't mind the long winded explanation but I thought it might be helpful.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Hi Brett,

Appologies, I dowloaded the All Visio Products pack at the top, looks like its not got the latest versions of most of the stencils in it. Any chance you can get the Web team to update it? Got the individual stencils for 2960 and 3560, they have the compact models, but they are pre-facelift, they have bright and shapley white cases now. Good to know the 3850s are in the works. Hopefully if we keep badgering, the ASA team will relent, especially seeing as the channel are advised to sell the 5500-Xs in preference to the 5500s

Cheers,

Peter                  

@PivotalPete "The only stupid question is the one you don't Ask." - A uni lecturer I had once Check Out our offerings at: http://www.pivotalnetworks.co.uk

I am also in need of the stencil for the 1921 and 2921 routers. Thanks for anything you can do to get these stencils created.

Hi,

The 1921 router is in process... I will check on the 2921.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Brett,

Back on April 3rd in this thread you mentioned that the 1921 Router Stencil was in progress.   Any idea on this? I have a design Diagram I am trying to complete using the back view (showing the interfaces) and am having to substitute an 1841 in it's place which is well, wrong 

Thanks!

Mike Davis

Network Operations Manager

GA Dpt of Public Safety

Has there been any progress on the creation of stencils for these modules?

Luke

Hi Luke,

It's kind of difficult in these threads to determin exacty which stencils you are referring to.  The discussion contains many.  If it's the 6500, then please download the latest from the Visio downoad page http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html.

We posted an update on August 22.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Opreccfl76
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

Please excuse my noobness, but I would like to request a simple wireless connector stencil. I have looked on the visio stencil page, downloaded the "wireless" pack and it's not there. I's sure there are probably some out there but I can't seem to find any.

Can anyone direct me to a specific site or send me a link? I am a Visio user and I would GREATLY appreciate this!

Thank you,

Omar.

Hi Omar,

Would you please clarify what you mean by a "wireless connector"?  Can you give me a product example?

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Hello Brett,

Thank you for the response! As someone else described it, I am looking for the icon that looks like a helix or DNA constuct. For example, the symbol you get when a Wireless Router and a Laptop make a connection. That is what I am looking for. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Hi Omar,

There is a Visio stencil with Cisco Topology icons on it that were produced by a Cisco internal person.  It has a large number of icons and you may find what you need there:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac50/ac47/2.html

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Does anyone know where I can find sencils for a WS-C3750V2-24PS-S?

Does anyone know where to find Visio Stencils for Service Modules for the ISR2 routers?

In particular, I am looking for SM-SRE-710-K9 and SM-SRE-910-K9.

Hi Brandon,

I'm afraid that particular C3750 icon doesn't exist in the Cisco library. We have the WS-C3750V2-48PS-S but not the WS-C3750V2-24PS-S.  I will put in a request for authorization with the product group.

On the ISR series, we have the chassis icons but not those particular modules.  The closest is the SM-SRE-700-K9 and it is on the stencil. I have just sent an inquiry to the product group to ask for authorization.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Hi Brett,

I've looked there as well. Still not finding it. What I am looking for is the icon image inside the access point image you see on this link: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2xdelyz2_wg/TxJEn05zY4I/AAAAAAAAAOc/uPzVPXKHkuI/s1600/Screenshot-Cisco+Packet+Tracer-1.png. Again, as someone else described it, I am looking for the icon that looks like a helix or DNA constuct.

Hope this helps...

Thanx!

Omar.