cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recent Visio stencil file updates posted to cisco.com

Brett Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I thought it might be helpful to post an announcement of new Visio content that we have added in 2013.  The page URL is:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html

Cisco TelePresence (7 MB)

01/Jan/2013

Switches-Cisco Nexus 1000 (1 MB) New!

17/Apr/2013

Switches-Catalyst 4500 (5 MB)

06/Feb/2013

Security-Cisco ASA 55xx (7 MB)

06/May/2013

Routers-Cisco CRShttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/assets/visio/Routers-Cisco_CRS_032511.zip.html (6 MB)
15/Apr/2013

Routers-Cisco ASR 9000 (3 MB)

14/Apr/2013

Routers - Cisco ASR 903 (3 MB)

13/Jan/2013

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

16 Replies 16

Hi Brett,

I'm looking for HWIC 16-A logical stencil plus the various power supplies for the Cisco router 2911.

Where can I find these?

I have visited this page: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html

I have downloaded quite a few things but nothing includes what I'm looking for.

Could you please help me with this?

Many Thanks.

Best Regards

Stef

Hi Stef,

We have 2911 shapes in the Routers-Cisco 2900 stencil.  However, the power supplies are integrated into the chassis front.view... that was not ordered from us as a separate component for a Visio shape to be made. The data sheet http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps10537/data_sheet_c78_553896.html does not list separate power supplies either.  I'm guessing that the 2911 must be ordred with the desired power supply installed although I'm not an expert on the hardware.

I don't know of a source for the HWIC 16-A logical (topology) symbol.  We hvae produced some of Cisco's topology icons but most of our work is for the equipment shapes that are used in rack elevations.

I wish I could be more helpful.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Adam Klimko
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the new Telepresence stencils - Is there any chance there will be updated stencils for UC any time soon?  It has been a while (almost 10 years, a while) since the last set of phone stencils were released.

Hi Adam,

After receiving several requests last year, I asked the UC group for authorizatin to update those stencils and they declined at that time. I have just asked again and will post the status here as soon as I receive a response.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

bbuford01
Level 1
Level 1

Brett,

How would I go about getting the below visio stencils?

WS-C3560E-48

WS-C3560G-48TS

Regards,

Bobby B.

IA Security Lead

Prometheus Consulting Group

bobby.buford@prometheuscg.com

bbuford01
Level 1
Level 1

Brett,

Sorry I meant to reply to your post May 7, 2013. I'm looking for the following visio stencils:

WS-C3560E-48

WS-C3560G-48

V/r

Bobby. B.

IA Security Lead

Prometheus Consulting Group

bobby.buford@prometheuscg.com

Hi Bobby,

I just checked with the product group and they will not be funding the two Visio shapes you listed.  I wish I could be more helpful.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Pedro Morais
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brett,

I'm trying to find the documentation icon for the ASR9000 (see attached example), however I cannot find it. Can you help finding it?

Thanks,

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

My group primarily creates the physical device icons although we sometimes create topology icons when a product group requests it of us. There is another group that creates the topology icons in general. I will forward this request to them to see if it exists or needs to be newly developed.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Hi Pedro,

I contacted the person responsible for logical icons and she said you can requests a new one by emailing askbrand@cisco.com.  That won't be a Visio shape but you can insert the image into your Visio drawing. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Brett Newman
Cisco Visio Production
Visimation Inc.
www.shapesource.com

Thanks Brett!!

I'll do that for sure.

Regards,

Pedro

Pedro Morais
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brett, 

Another question, in physical device drawings, where can I find the "Blank Covers" for the line cards, SIPs, SPAs? Devices are ASR1000, ASR9000 and CRS.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

In some cases, we make the chassis shapes with blank covers by default and you can snap a module over it. In other cases, the chassis slots are empty and there are blank covers in the stencil. For example, in the ASR1000 there is a SIP40 slot cover as well as RP and RF filler panels.  However, admittedly there are not always covers for the slots and that is based on what the product group orders from us.

When you run into a situation where there is no slot cover, I suggest that you create one from a simple Visio rectangle.  Set the behavior of the shape to "1D" by doing the following, assuming Visio 2010 or 2013:

1. Click File > Options > Advanced
  2. Scroll down to General section at the bottom
  3. If "Run in developer mode" is not checked, check it and click OK
  4. This will put a Developer item in your Visio menu
  5. Select your rectangle that you drew at the size of what the module cover should be
  6. In the ribbon, click Behavior
  7. Under "Interaction Style" click "Line (1-dimensional)
  8. Now you can click your blank into the same space as a module.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

mbroger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am searching the Visio Stencils for the new:

WS-X4748-SFP-E

WS-X4724-SFP-E

WS-X4712-SFP-E

Will be there some Stencils?

Some other Users are also searching them see the link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12221766/ws-x4748-sfp-e-visio-stencil

Kind Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: