cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Visio stencil request - EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU

bruno_belin
Level 1
Level 1

I need a visio stencil for the EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU module. I can't find it in the Cisco Visio Stencil packages that are readily available on cisco.com.

Any chance I can get one of these, or does anybody know where it can be found?

Thanks for your help

17 Replies 17

Thomas Rueb
Level 1
Level 1

Any news on that one?

Thx & regards!

Any action on getting this VSS for

• EHWIC-4ESG
  • EHWIC-4ESG-P
  • EHWIC-D-8ESG
  • EHWIC-D-8ESG-
  • EHWIC-4SHDSL-EA
  • EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU

????

This seems like a HUGE gap....

Hi,

I'm also looking for the EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU stencil. Do we have an update on this or any of these items.

Thanks

John

Hi,

I have to be candid on this one. The product group for these parts has simply not committed to producing the Visio shapes that are being requested here. Please note that Cisco in general is very dedicated to providing Visio stencils to the user community and this is a very unusual case. I wish I could be more encouraging about the prospects of producing them in the foreseeable future.  I will continue to pursue this.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

www.visimation.com

Thanks Brett,

Please keep us updated. Looking forward to the shapes when they're ready.

Well, there is finally some good news here. The Routers-ISR4000 stencil has been updated with many of the modules that have been requested over the past year. I am very sorry that it's taken so long and I want to thank the people in the product group that were able to help us make this happen. The file was submitted for posting today and should be on the Cisco Visio download page within 24-48 hours.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

www.visimation.com

Hi,

Give me detailed photos and will make it.

Google?

http://www.p3online.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/i/cisco_ehwic-1ge-sfp-cu_front.jpg

Try it, I steal working on it.

I've been away for several weeks so I'm just getting to see this. The drawing is a combination of content we developed at Visimation plus a new module created by this user. The drawing is well done. However, if you try to use it, be aware that the graphic does not contain many important automation features that we've standardized in Cisco's Visio libraries. It does not scale properly, it will not snap into the chassis slots, the text does not resize with the object, etc.

I understand the frustration in the user community at the lack of shapes for the devices in this thread and I've done my best to gain the support of the product group to develop the content properly. I will keep trying. As I mentioned in another post, it's usually not this difficult to obtain authorization and funding for Visio stencils at Cisco.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

www.visimation.com

shelbygomez
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to suggest adding all of the EHWIC line to this request. All I seem to be able to find are the older HWICs.

Brett Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bruno,

I have just emailed the product group to request funding for the following:

• EHWIC-4ESG
  • EHWIC-4ESG-P
  • EHWIC-D-8ESG
  • EHWIC-D-8ESG-
  • EHWIC-4SHDSL-EA
  • EHWIC-1GE-SFP-CU

Those are all of the EHWIC module part numbers that I could find. We are dependent upon the product groups to authorize and fund the Visio work and hopefully I will hear from them soon.

Regards,

Brett Newman
Cisco Visio Production
Visimation Inc.
www.shapesource.com

Hi there,

are there any news regarding these missing visio-stencils?

How long does it normally take for Cisco to serve the customers for those requests?

Thanks,Roland

Hi,

As I've mentioned in other posts, we can only develop Visio shapes for items that the product groups have agreed to fund. I tried contacting them when these requests first came in and several times since without success. I have found another contact that I'm discussing this with now to see if we can move this forward. I apologize for the delay but please understand that it's not from our lack of effort.

Brett Newman
Cisco Visio Production
Visimation Inc.
www.shapesource.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: