Views
Helpful
Replies

Add CUCM end points to TMS Phone Book

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to add CUCM end points to TMS Phone Book. So if users want to search for a contact using their Video End point , they can see the CUCM end point.

The TMS guide: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco-TMS-Admin-Guide-15-6.pdf

On page 59 -Preparing the Unified CM - it is mentioned that I need to create an Application user and add all CUCM end points to that Application user.

My question is we have thousands of end points registered to CUCM - do I have to add all those to the application user just to add CUCM phone book to TMS ? We dont want to manage these CUCM registered end points from TMS , just need to add phone book. IS there a way without adding all those devices to that application user ?

Please see the attached section Preparing the Unified CM from TMS guide 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If the numbers are already in the CUCM phonebook, you can do the following:

Add the CUCM to TMS using the application user details you setup.

Go to Phonebooks > Phonebook Sources > Add New and choose CUCM phonebook.  This will add the CUCM phonebook entries rather than adding the endpoints themselves.  You can then assign this phonebook source to your TMS phonebooks.

View solution in original post

Thank you Nick
I will try that and let you know

Saima

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

If the numbers are already in the CUCM phonebook, you can do the following:

Add the CUCM to TMS using the application user details you setup.

Go to Phonebooks > Phonebook Sources > Add New and choose CUCM phonebook.  This will add the CUCM phonebook entries rather than adding the endpoints themselves.  You can then assign this phonebook source to your TMS phonebooks.

Thank you Nick
I will try that and let you know

Saima

Hi Nick,

Thank you for providing the information. I tried it in my lab and it worked :)

I just have another quick question, currently when I added my CUCM to TMS, I used the username password for ccmadmin, is it okay to use that account or I should create a separate Application user for TMS and not use ccmadmin ?

Is there any security risk involved by using ccmadmin?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: