Views
Helpful
Replies

AppleMac Presentation on C20

RobPendleton
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully someone can shed a little light on this for me:

We have a C20 with TC4.2 software and we can show a presentation from a windows laptop to the far end via the VGA Cale to the C20 - BUT NOT FROM AN APPLEMAC.

We have the VGA to HDMI converter for the applemac , but the C20 , nor the EX90 will show the presentation on screen from the Applemac.

Checked all the settings , etc

EX 90 has sw TC4.2 as well.

Can anyone suggest anything or have had this happen ????

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI!

I have an older MacBook pro and use the EX90 as my main screen via DVI2DVI cable using

auto which works fine for me with 1920x1200.

Btw, my old MacBook still has a DVI port.

I agree with Paula, there can not be  an adapter cable from VGA to HDMI as one is analog and the

other one digital only (unless you have an active scaler in or somebody is misusing the cables :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

emmarichardson
Level 1
Level 1

I having the same issue.  EX90 will not see my Macbook but Macbook sees the EX90.  Did you find a fix for this?

Hey Emma and Rob,

I have the same setup and have no problems at all. C20 and EX60 on 4.2, MacBook Pro and MacBooks have no problem. I am using the DVI cable directly into the back of the codec and then converting to minidisplay port or VGA for PC's. Have you tried changing the resolution outputs on the Mac's to see if that toggles a change? I would be interested in testing with you if you want to find a way to resolve it.

Tom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom Freeland

Digital Media Engineer

Mobile: (919) 943 - 0294

Tom.Freeland@Duke.Edu

Duke University OIT

Interactive Technology Services

I would love to get this resolved. Being a mac user with an Ex90 in my office is very frustrating! I can connect my iPad just fine but not my MacBook. I have played with resolution settings to no avail. Would definitely be willing to test

Emmar@ecboces.org

Emma

emmarichardson
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, I was able to fix this by changing the DVI setting on the EX90 from Auto to Analog.

Paula Talamo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rob,

You mention the "VGA to HDMI Converter" but I am unsure if that is truly converting the analog VGA signal to the digital HDMI.  If the Mac is a  Macbook Pro, you will need to use an Apple adapter cable.

Without knowing specifics about the type of Mac and pictures of the connections, here are some general guidelines:

1. Use the DVI input to connect the the Mac or PC and not the HDMI input which is intended for the camera.
  2. In the menus, set the DVI input for Auto-Detect so it will accept analog and digital signals (note in Emma's posting that the analog setting worked best in her configuration).  [If using the remote control, got to Settings / Advanced Settings / Video / Input / DVI 2 / Type: AutoDetect]

HTH

Paula

HI!

I have an older MacBook pro and use the EX90 as my main screen via DVI2DVI cable using

auto which works fine for me with 1920x1200.

Btw, my old MacBook still has a DVI port.

I agree with Paula, there can not be  an adapter cable from VGA to HDMI as one is analog and the

other one digital only (unless you have an active scaler in or somebody is misusing the cables :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Mattias Widman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I´ve seen the same problem. I have a Macbook AIR 2011 model.

Is it a modern Macbook? Since Macbooks today use displayport I would guess that you mean a displayport to VGA adapter, am I right?

My solution is simple though which at least works for me on both C20 and EX90 regardless of using the standard VGA -> DVI-I cable that comes with the codec or using a displayport to DVI adapter with a DVI-DVI cable. My experience is connect the adapter to the cable first then plug it in to the macbook. Works for me at least.

Unfortunatly only tested with Mac OS X Lion, don´t know about Snow Leopard.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all your replies to this issue. With all the responses the Issue has been resolved. "Use the DVI Connector"

Thanks heaps.

Rob